[pct-l] Thanks and follow-up question on Hi 49 exit

We didn't use bear canisters in this area as 1) it isn't required, and 2) it
is not considered a bad bear area, and 3) the hunters were out hunting deer
and I think their shots probably scare the bears away from encounters with
humans.  Another group that hiked the other way in order to make our transportation
easy did carry one large bear canister between four people.  Neither their
group nor ours encountered any bears and we didn't even hang our food.

Call us irresponsible if you wish.

Greg