[pct-l] Alcohol (stoves)

I can't see that using Coleman fuel should have that
effect on a Whisperlite. I've got a Whisperlite, with
the "Shakerjet" that all newer models have. It's been
used for about 2.5 thruhikes. Mostly on Coleman fuel,
but also a bit on unleaded. Never done anything except
shake it and use the wire in the fuel tube for
cleaning.
Heard other people having problems with Whisperlites,
so I might have been lucky with mine, but I belive
they have the best combination of weight, low noise
and reliablilty so far in a white gas stove.
Seen a new model on the MSR site, called simmerlite.
Smaller litghter and able to simmer. Anyone tried
that?

Svein