[pct-l] Alcohol (stoves)

We had trouble almost every night with our MSR whisperlite last year on our=
 month long hike.  We were in the Adventure 16 store last month, conferring=
 with the salesman about our problem.  He tells us its the Coleman fuel we =
have been using filling up the hose with deposits and gunk.  This gunk keep=
s making its way up to clog the jet.  We can't get any other fuel
here in the high desert, so he told us how to dissassemble and clean out th=
e hoseand soak everything in gas to dissolve the gunk.  He assured us that =
doing so would restore our MSR's performance.  Good info.
Marion Davison, "llamalady"

Paul Schilke wrote:

> --
> Mags wrote>>For what it is worth, had no trouble getting alcohol for my s=
tove

> Did you mail it to yourself??  how often did you refuel??
>
> Strider wrote>>>This seems to be the trend.  I'm surprised the multifuel =
stoves are out of
> vogue, since you can always use unleaded.
>
> I picked up an Alchie stove on the AT cause I feared a breakdown of the M=
SR and didn't buy a kit/practice fixing it at home.  But I've heard that mo=
st people don't have problems with them like they used to. So right now I'm=
 leaning toward the Alchie Stove but may change my mind.  There were many t=
imes I wished that I'd had the MSR for all it's good qualities.