[pct-l] Re: New On-Trail List?

At 10:14 AM 4/11/02, you wrote:
>FYI,  If you folks want to start a low traffic "PCT-news", moderated list-
>let me know.   I'll just need someone to moderate the thing (assuming Brick
>doesn't want the extra workload).
>
>I'm just starting to experiment with something similar for the AT-L.
>
>- Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I'd be interested. I've been thinking for a while about starting something
like this, just running off my e-mail client due to the very low volume. My
original thinking was to actually set up 5 separate lists, organized
geographically, so that content could be highly targeted, perhaps with a
maximum of 10-12 messages per region per week. The target audience would be
people who are actually hiking. The moderator could also cull tidbits from
the PCT-L which are relevant and pass them on. I think what people are
looking for here is for someone to strain out the junk and condense the
important stuff to its' bare essentials.

Comments welcome. On-list or off.

regards,
David

** David Anderson
** e-mail: david@pc3i.com                           snail-mail:
** e-mail: pc3_david@email.com                        PC3 Inc.
** e-mail:                                            POB 21602
**  work: 775/884-9206 (evenings usually)             Carson City, NV 89721
**  home: 775/884-3405 (answering machine)
**  cell: 775/842-1503