From: Monica Delmartini [mailto:calinda4@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 1:03 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] h2o filters???

Howdy, hickers!  My name's Monica and I'm hiking the PCT next
year...stumbled upon this mailing list and thought I'd jump in...

It's always fun to show up in the middle of a discussion, with no points of
reference.  One of you is a millionaire?  Elvis is giving a free concert @
Crater Lake?!  All right!

Can anyone recommend a good water filter? (Mine up and died on my last
trip--I never liked it anyways...)  By "good," I mean: lightweight, easily
operated by one person, lasts a good long time, and doesn't require plunking

down $50 every time you need to replace the cartridge.  My last filter was a

First Need, so don't bother recommending that one! :)