[pct-l] Death Of Jack Fair

Jack Fair was an eccentric, to say the least.  However, even though I =
was a complete stranger, he opened his home to me.  He gave me shade =
when I was hot, water when I was thirsty, and even a comfortable couch =
for a few hours when my back was hurting.  That is more than many of my =
own family members have ever done.  I doubt that it is  a coincidence =
that his life didn't end until all the thru-hikers for the year had gone =
through.  To use a Fair-ism, there are no winners, Jack.  There is only =
time and space on the planet.  Rest in peace.  We'll miss you.

Rainmaker
David Mauldin

multipart/alternative
  text/html