[pct-l] Thru Hikers near Donner Pass and I80

Yesterday (Sat 7/7) afternoon I hiked south along the PCT from highway 40 to
Anderson Peak, hoping to meet some 2001 thru hikers.  My timing was pretty
good - there were 9 of them in the first 6 miles.

Ben
Jack
Simply Seeking
Joe Moon
Paul Lewis (nova)
Bruce
Dave Atkinson (fannypack)
Hawk
Zaz

Most were planning a stop at Pooh Corner.  All seemed to be doing well and
were in great spirits.  All had plenty of energy - I was feeding off the
excess, already excited about my own thru hike in 2002.

A profound quote from the book "Letters to a Young Poet" and a Ray Wylie
Hubbard song  found its way to me recently.  All you thru hikers out there
have no doubt learned this basic truth already.  Prospective thru hikes take
heed.

"Our fears are the dragons guarding our most precious treasures."