[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] Tuolumne to Echo Lake
I'm hoping to section hike Sec. I & J, preferably north bound, in the next
week or two.
To leave my car at Echo Lake and get to Tuolumne Meadows, the best I've been
able to figure is:
1. Take Greyhound from So. Lake Tahoe at 11:00 am, to Sacramento, and then
to Merced, arriving there 6:05 pm.
2. Get a room for the night.
2. Take YARTS at 7 am from Merced to Yosemite Valley, arriving 9:35 am.
3. Take YARTS at 5 pm from Yosemite Valley to Tuolumne, arriving 6:50 pm.
This is 20 hours total.
This is rather round about. To take Greyhound south from Tahoe requires:
1. Greyhound from So. Lake Tahoe at 11:45 am, to Reno for an 18 hour
layover, leaving there 7:45 am to arrive at Lee Vining at 11:15 am.
2. Hang around until 8:10 am the next day.
3. Take YARTS at 8:10 am to Tuolumne, arriving 9 am.
This is almost 2 full days total.
All this to drive a little over 200 miles.
Anyone have any better ideas?
Bill "AsABat" Jeffrey
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com