[pct-l] More Washington bug questions

Karen,
It is very hard to tell you what to expect.
  The worst mosquitoes I ever encountered were on a camping trip in Alaska
(You grow them big up there)  Then while hiking at Diamond Head near
Whistler B.C. the worst black flies.  And right here in the Sawtooth
Wilderness in Idaho at 9000 ft more bad mosquitoes.  I think, if the weather
is really dry then I am not anticipating  too much of a problem.  I hiked
all of Oregon in late Aug /Sept. one year and had no problem with the bugs.
I am from Washington originally and have hiked a lot in the Cascades but
cannot remember any thing standing out in my mind as a problem.

Now, when I did the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island last year in early
July, the bugs were bad, the trail was also muddy and you are at sea level
and in a rain forest.  But again, when we stopped I lit a mosquito coil
between my daughter and I and we did not have any problem eating. (did not
eat my quota of bugs <:))
So I would say your guess is as good as anyone's.

Ticks......I have never had a problems with these.

Cheers,
Marge (the old gal)