[pct-l] More Washington bug questions

I'm somewhat familiar with mosquitoes after living in Alaska 25 years. So
tell me, what should I expect in Washington? Will they be a nuisance
everywhere along the trail? Are there certain times of day or night they are
most active? Same questions on the deerflies Steve Courtway mentioned.

I was considering taking a Hennessey Hammock for the comfort of sleeping off
the ground, but if I'm going to be spending all my non-hiking time avoiding
bugs, maybe I'd be better off with a tent. Any thoughts?

No one has mentioned ticks on the Washington section. Are they not a
consideration?

karen