  From: trailtalker
  To: ft-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 12:48 PM
  Subject: [ft-l] Hiking boot's for FL trails and bug dope

  I am not that familiar with the different sections of the trail, but I can tell you the Ocala section is dry(possibly a puddle or two after rain).  I think there are some wet areas in the panhandle area.  Speak up here Cricket!
  She'll be able to tell you.
  The thing that would worry me in a March start, is heat.  By April it's pretty warm in Central FL.  Hopefully, you'll be north of here by then.

  I can tell you that it's still HOT here by noon.  I took a 10 mile hike on Sunday and it was hot and there were lots of chiggers about.  Luckily, I was wearing deet and only a few latched on.
    BTW, have you tried the Sawyer's brand of bug lotion?  It's time released and not near as greasy as others I have used.

  Have a great day,
  Trailtalker

  Bob Sartini <r.sartini@rcn.com> wrote:
    Ho Trailtalker:

    I'm hoping to get back to the FT about 3/1. I hope its not as cold as last year. I just wore socks with the sandels. They're pretty stiff and I think regular inserts would just float around on the sandels. I may try them oyut tho. In fla i would really just want becaus eits so wet.

    If you know the Ft can you tell me if its wet going North from  Christmass?

    bb