[ft-l] Big Cypress conditions

This is my first post on the Florida Trail list. I used to use the
Appalachian Trail list regularly during my six-year hike on the AT.

I plan to start a hike of the FT from the southern terminus at Loop Road to
Lake Harbor on February 7th.

Can any of you listers give me current trail conditions? Am I likely to be
up to my knees in alligators? Having read that much of the first part of the
trail is underwater even in the dry season, I have bought hip boots for the
trek.

George D. Meek, 639 N. Abingdon Street, Arlington, VA 22203 703-875-3021.
Life member of National Association of Retired Federal Employees (NARFE),
Potomac Appalachian Trail Club (PATC) and Appalachian Trail Conference
(ATC).
See my poems and photos at www.meekconsulting.com/poet (Trail name: Poet)