[ft-l] Need Some Boy Scout help - Trail Segment Recommendation??

Greetings,

I am a Florida Trail Member, and also an assistant scoutmaster for a Boy
Scout Troop here in Central Brevard County.  Here's my query:

The boys want to do a weekend Backpacking trip where we drive in on Friday
Night - Camp, then pack up and knock down a few miles on the trail, camp
overnight, finish up early on Sunday and head home.  I'd need about 10 - 15
miles for Saturday, and I'd like it to be an interesting trail.  What I mean
is, something that takes a little orienteering, or at least paying attention
to the FL-T markers for the boys.  Also, although I am a member, the boys in
the troop are not, so that might affect where we can get in to.

I am lobbying here for some suggestions of trail segments that fit the basic
criteria of "good trail, mildly technical, and interesting scenery".

We typically try to limit our drives to about 2.5 - 3.0 hours max, one way,
so that gives us a very wide range of destinations from the Melbourne area.
We generally prefer to travel North from Melbourne to vary the climate and
terrain a bit.

If I have not provided enough info to get a good response, feel free to
email me and ask for more details.

I asked this very question last summer and got a few excellent responses
from Kenneth Smith and Mark Nickerson and still may consider Mark's
suggestion for the Ocala NF from Clearwater Lake to Alexander Springs, but
are still considering something further north.    I also hear Juniper
Springs to Hidden Pond might be a good alternative.

We are now backpacking / camping in March, and are looking for a Florida
Trail Segment.  A few of us are looking to check the route a few weekends
before taking the boys out just to familiarize ourselves with the area.

Thanks in advance!
Jerry Spruill
Troop 224, Melbourne, Florida