[ft-l] Need Some Boy Scout help - Trail Segment Recommendation??

Jerry,

I have brought my troop the following places for successful weekend trips of
15 miles.  You can also arrange a short introductory trip of 4 to 6 miles
(suitable for camping merit badge) at these locations:

Jonathon Dickenson:  Has a youth camping area, canoeing, nice regular
campsites.  For backpacking, it has a short distance backpack site about 4-5
miles from the trailhead, and a longer one, about 8 miles or so.  Youth
camping area and backpack sites are cheap, but make reservations.

Tosohatchee Wildlife Reserve:  Has a youth camping area where you could stay
Friday nite, hike the CW loop about 10 miles to one of 2 backpack sites.
Hike about 4 miles back to youth camp on Sunday.  Free, need reservations.
Florida Trail goes thru it.

Hal Scott:  I was there last weekend with the troop.  Nice Campsite 1.7
miles from parking lot.  2 nice campsites on other side of river.  NEW
bridge over river.  Various loops to hike to make distance on Saturday.
FREE.  Make reservations with St Johns Water Management District.

Bull Creek:  Can start at 192, follow Florida Trail south about 7 miles to
backpack campsite.  I think you need reservations.  Should be free.

Ocala Forest:  Easiest trip is to leave cars at Juniper Springs ($10.00 per
car per nite).  Hike 5 miles to Hidden Pond (north).  Return next day.  OR,
go south longer distance to Farles Parry.  Many other possibilities at
Ocala.

For a quickie in Brevard,:  C54 (St Sebastion River Preserve).  Numerous
campsites, but lots of open sugar sand.  Good for introductory and close by.

Good luck and have fun.

Mike Otten (mojo)
ASM Troop 734
Palm Bay