[ft-l] overnighter

That's a nice hike. There's water at a big pond at that 6 mile site, as well
as scattered ponds along the way. You will need to treat all of it. I
haven't been up in months so it's possible some of the smaller ponds have
dried up...I don't know. Oh...and Juniper Springs charges a nominal fee for
parking but will be safer than other spots...plus a nice spring and showers
when you get back!

The only thing is that 6 mile site is to easy to reach...and during the
weekends there could be scouts or other campers there. My suggestion would
be to have an early dinner and wash there, treat and fill up your water
(assuming some one is there and you want your own place) and keep going for
a few miles choosing a site along the way. I have some fav. spots inside the
many oak islands found in the praries off the side of the trail. Trust
me...there are plenty of pleasant spots.

-D