[ft-l] Weekend hiking misadventures (Seminole & Wekiva)

#Since you asked, John, yes. There is a place you can get all
#the hunting
#dates for all WMAs, State Forest lands, and the like. Go to:
#
#http://wld.fwc.state.fl.us/hunting/default.html
#
#Check the lists for your particular region. Every hunt date is
#listed for
#every public land, and it's all up to date. A *VERY* important
#hiker resource.

Thanks.  That will help.

#Sorry you didn't know about Wekiva Springs. They had an
#infestation of the
#southern pine beetle and the trails have been closed (aka
#trashed, at this
#point) since May. A work group from the Central Chapter will
#be clearing
#Seminole State Forest trails next Saturday.

I've never seen what pine beetles do, but I've heard they're bad news.
That definitely explains the restoration.

#Yes, the Tampa Reprographics maps are the same as the FTA maps
#sold on the
#website. All date to 1999. Deb Blick is busy updating the map set. I'm
#helping out a little updating some of the loop trails. I'll be
#doing Rock
#Springs Run after hunting season is over; don't know if I'll
#get a chance to
#get back into Wekiva this year.

Well, I guess I'll drop her a note that the Wekiva Springs Rd is
mislabeled on that map.  Unfortuately, there are only 2 loop trails
within an hour of where I am, so accessibility will make it hard for me
to get involved as much as I'd like.

John F. Meyer, Jr.      jfm@johnmeyer.net      http://www.johnmeyer.net/
NASO, ABUA, FBU 43, WFFUA, GCFOA                      USAAR, USARA, USAT