Re: [ft-l] Fw: trail report

To one and all,

Ed Wolcott is the section leader for this section, and he should be the one
to contact the landowner.  He knows many of them and is probably best suited
to try and work out an acceptable solution.  We currently have a pending
agreement with PCA for a long stretch of the trail west of I-75.  I have
been informed that they (PCA)are currently considering whether to keep or
sell their property). If they keep it, we should have an agreement sometime
next summer.  East of I-75 the future of the trail across private property
is anyone's guess.  Any of these owners can force us to abandon the trail
across their property whenever the spirit moves them.  All we can do is to
try and work out some formal arrangement (we have nothing at present)as the
opportunities present themselves.  The SRWMD is prepared to by their
properties, but their acquisition program is limited to willing sellers.
The WMD owns more land on the south side of the river, but it is not as
scenic as the north side and most of it has a woods road along the bank.  We
may have to establish the FNST here and try and keep the north bank trail as
a connecting loop.  If anyone has any good alternatives, feel free to share
them.

Fred Schiller