[cdt-l] CDT with horse ?

Maybe he is referring to the Backcountry Horseman?  This is a group of horse people who volunteer to maintain trails.  They would be a good source.

Yikes about the mud!!  We have a particularly nasty variety called caliche that is extremely heavy and sticky in some areas.  I imagine you might run into it in the Chama area.  Cars can't get through it, and it broke the gears on my mountain bike one time.  But, it depends on the soil type.

Lee