[cdt-l] alcohol stoves

--- David Patterson <white_root@yahoo.com> wrote:
> most of the people I've seen using them carry an
> over

(Funny how we all have our biases, and can use
whatever facts to support our claims. Myself included.
:-D )

> abundance of fuel cause they are always worried
> about
> finding it or running out. With that consideration
> it
> seems there is no savings in weight.

As you said, most..and not all. And as many (again,
not all) white gas users tend to carry the 22oz fuel
canister, I see no difference between that a 20oz soda
bottle full of denatured alcohol.

> Trust me, after a long day on the trail in inclement
> weather you'll be thankful you have a stove that can
> boil water quickly.

Been there, done that. Though the long hikes are in
two year intervals, I still like to get out from to
time to time.

Again, every system has a tradeoff. Other than winter
hiking, I am done putzing around with whitegas stoves.

But that is me.

The beauty of backpacking...there is more than one way
to do something.

=====