Re: [CDT-L] thanks and a question

KBerger466@aol.com wrote:

> Many sincere thanks to all of you who wrote in with wonderful suggestions for
> my "Hiking the Triple Crown" book. I'm pulling together the final draft, now.
> The publisher will have the last say on which tips get included, but I wanted
> to thank everyone. I so much wanted this book NOT to be a "guru" thing and to
> show that there are lots of ways to successfully hike. Adding your voices
> will help me do that.
>
> I'm still looking for a few specifics: If you can give me short (REAL short
> -- just 20 - 40 words, INCLUDING YOUR FULL NAME so I can give you appropriate
> credit) tips on one of the following specifics, I would be very grateful.
> I've included questions on all three trails, since many of you have hiked on
> more than one of the triple crown trails. In addition, I'd appreciate any
> other thoughts you might have.
>
> Thanks SO VERY MUCH,
> Karen Berger
>
> Appalachian Trail:
>
> What's the drop-dead best tip you'd offer someone just starting out?

Karen:  I did the AT last year as a purist would.  Like anyone who did,
I can speak volumes about this question.  In short however, I simply
say:

"Don't expect.  Don't expect anything regarding comfort, weather, water,
food, rest, etc.  Most of all, don't expect to quit."

Thanks for your efforts in your book.

Mike Lowell
"Plantar"
Ga - Me 99