[CDT-L] Oh yes..

>brass bands or commercial endorsements (at least not yet).

The cynic in me says "give it time".  Now that Backpakcer magazine has
six car ads  in their gear guide issue, and an ad for AmEx in the same
issue, as well,  I begin to wonder how far off commercial endorsements
are.  The outdoor thing is trendy right now. North face fleece and shell
are  considered a high fashion statement,   SUVs  that are nethier spory
or utilitarian and see the parking lot of a Gap more than a forest
service road are all the rage. I am sure some ad exec is dreaming up
someway to make money off of hiking.