Re: [CDT-L] Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water !

> hiking, why do we constantly have to pick everyone's hike apart?

 Good question.  Wish I had an answer.

As I have said before, the reward of backpacking is the backpacking
itself.  If a person truly enjoys backpacking, than it should not matter
how someone else accomplishes their goals.

Having lurked on this list (lurked? Heck, their has been almost no
activity on this list until recently!!!!!) and the PCT list, and been
active on the AT list, been getting quite a cross section of the long
distance hiking community.  I have come to one conclusion: I am just
gonna hike, enjoy myself. I am not going to worry about who took the blue
blaze at the Mar Har trail, who decided to not eat corn pasta, and who is
trying to bring an AT experience to the CDT.  I enjoy backpacking..all
the challenges it brings, all the wonderful sights I have seen. If
someone wants to do something different from me, well to be frank, I
don't gives a rat's tootie.  It is their hike, not mine.  By worrying
about someone else's style of hiking, how can you enjoy YOUR hike?

Please note, not directing these comments in particular, just in general.

As Ron said, much debating seems to be done about hiking styles. Being
lazy, I'd rather just hike. :D

Mags

ps. must say, this list has made some very interesting reading lately...