Re: [CDT-L] CDT trail???

Mark Dixon wrote:

> |  Wyoming probably has 1 or 2 CDT markers in the entire state.
>
> Dave,
>
> You'll be happy to learn that there are now more than just one or two CDT
> markers in the state of Wyoming. I know that there are posts with the CDT
> emblem burned into them marking the trail from Battle Pass to somewhere near
> the southern Wyoming border. Also, I was out with Ray Hanson from the Lander
> BLM in late summer and put up a few dozen carsonite posts and larger CDT
> emblems marking the trail from where it leaves the highway north of Rawlins,
> WY to just beyond Bull Spring (dead cow spring!). I know Ray was out last
> summer in the Great Divide Basin marking the route and planning a big CDT
> trailhead sign at South Pass. I've seen only one other marker near Old
> Faithful and none anywhere else in the state where I've been.

Mark -
There are a few other markers - notably from near South Pass City to
near Bairoil and then again in the Medecine Bow, where the trail was
almost too well marked in places - but has no relation whatever to
what's shown on any of the maps. And then south of Rawlins to the
BLM/Medecine Bow boundary - although the marked trail in the Medecine
Bow doesn't meet the BLM trail - there's a 6 mile gap there.

Question - what route did y'all mark north of Rawlins.  I'm sure you
didn't eliminate the highway walk yet - and that was, bar none, the
absolute worst piece of the entire trail. 15 miles along a 2-lane
highway that's a main north-south route for fleets of 18-wheelers - with
a 1 ft shoulder.  Anyway - headed north - after the left turn on
Mineral-X Road where did y'all mark it?

Later,
Jim