Re: [at-l] You too?

In a message dated 12/29/99 8:36:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
kniccum@seidata.com writes:

<<  we are seeing a lot of people in the ER with the
 same symptoms, and yes some of them have FLU as evidenced by lab tests >>

I took Cassy (aged 3) to the emergency room because her temp was over 104.
She had been to the doctor the day before that, and while the doc didn't say
what she had, he gave her Amoxicillan and a cough syrup.  The next day, the
doc in the er said she had the flu, and could discern no reason for the
amoxicillan.  Now this isn't even *remotely* Trail related (does hiking up
Roan Mountain today count?), but I know we have docs and nurses on the list.
What should she have had to have been given an antibiotic? Not the flu?  Her
ears and throat were fine.  Call me confused.

(and glad it only lasted three days for me <g>)

The Redhead