Re: [at-l] You too?

HikingHope@aol.com wrote:

> For the past two weeks, whether at the health club, post office, or parties,
> I have repeatedly asked people with whom I was chatting, "Why are you
> hoarse?" or "What does that cough mean?"  As if in a chorus, they each told
> me they'd had a little flu.  After expressing my condolences, I moved along,
> grateful that I had no such problem.

snip
Here in Southeastern Indiana, we are seeing a lot of people in the ER with the
same symptoms, and yes some of them have FLU as evidenced by lab tests.  It seems
to have hit earlier this year than at least the past two years.  Since I have to
work taking care of these sick people, there is very little hope of hiking
anytime soon. Yes, I did take the free flu shot offered (encouraged) by my
employer.  They do not want the employees calling in sick.
Kathy