RE: [at-l] bear bagging

> Ditto. My chief hiking buddy had the bad experience to take
> off his pack
> and set it down with 2 other packs one afternoon, go for a
> short walk, and
> return to find a bear destroying the packs. This was in the
> Smokies, off a
> blue blaze. In the Southern mountains, black bears have
> returned and are
> hungry. Either carry food or hang it up, but don't leave a
> table setting
> for these critters. Bears who eat human food are in great
> danger of having
> to be destroyed.

Slightly off of the bear baggin topic, but appropriate. NEVER leave your
pack behind. Not only do you risk losing it, you risk NEEDING it and not
having it. There are tons of stories on this thread...

Lee I Joe

Why do I hike? Well, how many people on their deathbeds wish they had spent
more time at the office?