Re: [at-l] Pack for small person

I had exactly the same problem buying a pack for my daughter.  I ended up
getting her an Osprey Kestrel in a small frame size (I ended up special
ordering an extra small hip belt to go with it).  The Kestrel is not a womans
pack, but is available in different frame sizes.  It is about 2,200 cubic
inches and is technically a day pack.  Nevertheless it is built like a
backpack with an aluminum stay, a plastic framesheet, and a real hip belt.
Since the pack comes in different sizes (as opposed to "adjusting" to
different sizes) you can almost certainly get a really good fit.

Good luck.

-- Jim