Re: [at-l] I got rain

In a message dated 11/26/99 12:34:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
markusmc@hom.net writes:

>  I put on my rain gear and went for a nice little walk in
>  the woods in the rain to check it out. I really love being in the woods
>  when its raining, heck I love the rain period.

I'd like to do that, too, over here just a little left of you in Middle
Georgia, but, I'm concerned that I'd be shot.  Dear season, you know, and
rabid hunters, even sans sense, proliferate --  especially at the holiday.

>  Anyway while I was walking in the rain I got to thinking about my tent.  I
>  have a Kelty Zen.  I was wondering how in the heck you can put that sucker
>  up in the rain without getting the inside all wet with all that netting it
>  has?  I started going over several possiblities in my head while I was
>  walking. I was just wondering if anyone else with a similiar tent (i.e.
>  Sierra Design  Flashlight or CD I think) has worked out a method of doing
>  this?

Of course, I'd defer to the other listers who own a Zen.  The way I deal with
that with my Vortex 2 is to leave the rainfly on both when I take it down and
put it up again.

Joel Shiver
Rivertripper
over in Madison, Ga.