Re: [at-l] Wild fire started at Slaughter Gap area

At 05:35 PM 11/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
><< et
>  winter and a slow melt or other slow rains which do more soaking in than
>    running off, anticipate another rough year waterwise on the trail. >>
>It is important to remember that, for the snow melt to help, it has to come
>BEFORE THE GROUND FREEZES.  Most folks do not realize that .

Yup....but if this year is like last year as in an la Ninya (sp?) the Pa.
ground won't really freeze.  I had pansies blooming all through last
winter and dandelion in Feb.  The dandelion are still blooming around here.
Of course, this is not Buffalo, NY or other Arctic zones and all this warm
weather predictin' will probably come to an end as soon as John O
starts hiking.