[at-l] Gear & Weight for January Hike

Any suggestions are gladly appreciated.
John O

Gear & Weight for January Hike From DWG to Ruck
http://friends.backcountry.net/ruck/
35 pounds including what I'm wearing, 4 days of food & 1.5 liter of water
Day 1     35 lbs
Day 2     33 ½ lbs
Day 3     32 lbs
Day 4     30 ½ lbs

Mountainlight 3500		             61oz
1 compactor bag	                           3oz
Siltarp poncho with 25' light line	 	               8oz
PatagoniaZephyr Jacket	             10oz
Patagonia Fireball jacket (discontinued)	20 oz
Nordic Gear Cinched Balaclava	   4oz
Tilley Hat	   4oz
Gloves or Mittens haven't decided yet	   4oz
Bibler Bivy	 21oz
Tyvek ground cloth	   2oz
5'x8' siltarp canopy & for bivy opening	7.4oz
4 Titanium stakes	   2oz
Feathered Friends Down PTFE 15 degree bag	 31oz
Silk sleeping bag liner	   5oz
Using this sleeping bag with silk liner & bivy  this will add about 10 to
15 degrees.  Include my outer clothing & I'll be very comfortable in any
weather.  I will be using bivy in shelters.
2 pair Wool Blend socks	   7oz
1 bandana	   1oz
1 pair swimming trunks	   3oz
RailRider Pants	   9oz
1 pair Patagonia silkweight capilene long johns	   9oz
1 pair Patagonia midweight capilene long johns	 15oz
1 pair leather boots	 with mid-sole crampons 72oz
Concern for snow & ice are reason for wearing these boots
Trangia Alcohol stove	   3oz
Aluminum stand & wind screen for stove	   2oz
Naglene 16 oz fuel container	   2oz
Denatured alcohol 4 day supply	   8oz
Will adjust fuel amount according to my cooking needs
Unsure what I'll be eating on this trek right now
Estimate for 4 days of food	96oz
MSR .87 titanium pot, lid and handles	  4oz
Lexan spoon with lanyard attached	  1oz
Bic lighter & waterproof matches	  2oz
Small plastic container for gathering water in small pool of water
2 2.5 liter Platypus containers with hydration system  4oz
1.5 liter of water	 40oz
Bottle of Polar-Pure water treatment including water  4oz
Olympus Stylus zoom 80, battery & roll of film	  8oz
3 rolls of 35mm film	  5oz
Cannon Mini-Tripod	  2oz
SharpTelemail 	  8oz
http://www.sharp-usa.com/products/telmail/
Leki poles with 2' duct tape wrapped on handles	20oz
Sony am/fm radio with headset & battery	  4oz
Pen & paper	 1oz
My meds	  8oz
Glasses & case	  2oz
Mesh food bag & 75' of line for bear bagging	  4oz
Fox Whistle & Suunto compass with lanyard	  1oz
1 AAA mag-flashlight	  1oz
1 fanny pack	  2oz
1 boy scout mirror to check where I can't see	  1oz
Portion of a Spiritual and Meditation book	  2oz
2 emergency space blankets	  2oz
Small plastic magnifier	1/4oz
Tooth bush & paste	  2oz
Partial roll of toilet paper	  2oz
Ziplock bag with id & traveler checks	  1oz
Trail Data	  6oz
Sewing needle, dental floss and tick tweezers	  2oz
Victorinox Swiss Army Classic Knife with lanyard    1oz
Cotton balls with vaseline in zip lock bag as emergency fire starter  1/2
oz

                   My Web Page
    http://www.monmouth.com/~johno/index.html