Re: [at-l] GEAR question (!!!!)

I've not tried this myself, just read about it. Stephensons (Warmlite)
makes a sleeping bag that they call the down air mattress (DAM). As I
understand it it is filled with down instead of foam, but inflates like a
therm-a-rest (actually you have to use a pump that is designed into the
stuff sack so that you pump dry air in). It sounds like it'd be really
warm in the winter. As I recall it weighs in at around 24 ounces and is
priced around $140. If it works well it'd be lighter than your 3 pound
therm-a-rest.

I bet it feels great. But, I'm not quite willing to spend the money to
try it (and their whole sleeping bag system, as I said before, seems
awfully heavy for 3 season, and even basic 4 season - I don't think I'd
ever be in a place where I need something to keep me toasty at temps of
-40*F - use.

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **