[at-l] VA camping and hiking in late November

Looking ahead another five weeks to getting the back brace off, I'm
tentatively planning on taking the 10 days or so prior to Thanksgiving and
treating myself to a vacation.  My plans call for heading to DC to visit my
daughter for a day or so, and then head for Huntington WV to visit friends.
In between those two stops, however, I would like to stop somewhere in the VA
mountains and do some camping, hiking, and/or backpacking.

Does anyone have any suggestions for sections of the AT to hike in this area
that would:
a:  not be too physically taxing.  I'm not sure the Dr would approve of my
pack weight.
b:  have some place where I could reasonably expect to return and find my
vehicle unmolested

Are any of the facilities along the Skyline or Blue Ridge likely to still be
open at that time of year.  I have developed a particular fondness for the
camping area at Loft Mountain, and would be happy to stay there, car camping
and just drive out to do day hikes of 10 to 15 miles, perhaps hiking sections
of the AT out and walking the road back.

I have the two ATC guide books for Shenendoah NP and central VA (just arrived
tonignt) but would consider other areas and trails with a sufficiently strong
recommendation.

All comments welcome.  Constructive comments especially welcome.

Thanks,
Snail Male