[at-l] fall color

When comparing eastern and western hiking, Mags observed:
>I have seen some breathtaking views but since I
>have come to the Rockies, but I miss being in Vermont in the fall,
>looking over a ridge, and seeing vibrant reds and the sparkling yellows

>mixed in with a bit of soothing greens.

I'm just starting to think about fall here is Kansas. I've never been
out on the AT this time of year. Does trail traffic (dayhikers,
overnighters) increase dramatically as the leaves turn color? Is it
anything like being out over the 4th of July weekend?

And, while we're at it, how is fall where you are now?

Give Me Chocolate