Re: [at-l] east vs west

In a message dated 9/30/99 1:11:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, pmags@juno.com
writes:

>  > Now, I've run into that east/west arguement before, and it really
>  > does amuse me. > First, it's comparing apples and oranges. The trails
>  are different,

Some people like the eastern trails better and some people like the western
trails better.  Some people probably appreciate each for their own merits.

Some people like Bryson's book and some people don't like Bryson's book and
some others, who have never met or talked to him, and, hence, don't know him,
simply do not like Bryson.  I wonder if he has any friends who could be
called reasonable people.  Katz liked him.

Some people prefer ultralight backpacking and some people prefer to haul
extra stuff for more comfort and some people probably vary their style
according to their needs on any particular hike.

What do the really, really smartest people prefer?

       ()
       /\
      /  \
     /    \     Joel Shiver