[at-l] RE: [BackpackingLight] Ham radios

I also carry a Ham Radio while backpacking.  Getting your ham radio license
is quite easy now days because you do not need to learn Morse code.  I wrote
a Ham Radio repeater guide for the entire AT which is free to download from
the following websites.

	Kathy Bilton's AT Homepage: http://www.fred.net/kathy/at/hamguide.html
	ALDHA: http://www.aldha.org

The Appalachian Trail 2 Meter Repeater Guide has been tested the entire
length of the AT and found to have about 98+/-% coverage.  I wrote the guide
to give something back to ham radio and backpacking which have given to me
so much.  I hope you enjoy using it.  If you would like more information on
Ham Radio please email me.  I will be away from home from today 09-22-99 to
09-27-99 and will answer your emails when I return.

See you at the Gathering - East,

Beau Bushor N1MJD
      "bleeder guy"

Backpacking coming events:
There will be loads of backpacking activities including special guest
speakers, trail slide shows, presentations, equipment reviews, used
equipment sales and lots of just plain fun.
**ALDHA - East "Gathering 99", October 8, 9, 10, 11 (Columbus Day weekend)
in Hanover, NH; http://www.aldha.org
**ALDHA - West "Gathering 99", October 1 - 3, At the Mazama Lodge, Mt Hood,
Oregon; http://www.gorp.com/nonprof/aldhaw/