Re: [at-l] vasque boot probs

At 12:36 PM 9/10/99 -0400, you wrote:
>so maybe someone on the list has been through this before i have not.
  Sorry friend Whisperlight.I can't help with your current situation cause
I buy cheap boots and they always leak.  But to you or anyone else....
triple check the return policy on any gear in any store before you buy.

I know I know...you really didn't want to hear that did you.

I think that gear makers are just facing the facts about their warranties.
We all have heard tales of thruhikers who returned their boots half
way thru for a new pair.  And look what happens with the Pur filters.
Hardcore hikers are hard on their gear and generally take full advantage
of the offered warrenty.  If the manufacturers guarantee their product,
they have to follow through, but they don't have to do it the way the
customer prefers.   It's good publicity if they do, but it also opens
the door for the few who would abuse policy to do so.

Is there a store, maybe more distant, but with a better selection of
stuff you might want that you could return the boots too?  Then if
you do get stuck with a credit, you could at least put it to good use...