Re: [at-l] Boots: Wear and Cash In

> I always thought 100 miles per every ten dollars of cost seemed
> about right. So a hundred dollar pair of boots should go 1000  miles.
>
> Anything significantly lower than that and I'd be upset.

Interesting method. Of course, I'm not sure that a $10 pair of boots will
even last that first 100 miles <grin>. As you start getting more expensive,
you probably have to add in resoling expenses. A three hundred dollar pair
may well last 3000 miles, but not without some new soles once or twice.

I think a lot of it depends on how hard you are on equipment. A 150 pound
guy may wear the same size 10's that a 225 pound guy wears, but I wouldn't
expect them to last the same number of miles.

Now, of course, we'll see a run on boots that cost exactly $216.00  <vbg>.

KB