[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[at-l] High Point, NJ on holiday weekend (?)
- Subject: [at-l] High Point, NJ on holiday weekend (?)
- From: Dan Grossman <danieljg@CS.Cornell.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:01:49 -0400
Hi folks. I have some logistical questions that could probably be best
answered by a NY/NJ guidebook. But I can't find one of those in town, so I
though I would plea for info from the list and promise to buy a guidebook the
next chance I get.
Most of the questions involve High Point State Park. If someone has the phone
number to the park office, I could ask the "officials" directly. Otherwise:
* Can I park a vehicle in the park for 2-3 days?
* Where should I park and is there a charge?
* Should I expect huge crowds at the AT shelters over the upcoming holiday
weekend? (I'll bring a tent; I just don't want a mob scene.)
* Are there any logistical changes (closed shelters, no water, that sort of
thing) since 1997?
My other less important question is:
* I know it's less than 10 miles from NJ 23 to Vernie swamp, but can
somebody give me an exact mileage?
Thanks in advance.
Dan "Focus" Grossman
|Dan Grossman Cornell Univ Computer Science H:607 256 0724 |
|email@example.com 5157 Upson Hall O:607 255 9834 |
* From the Appalachian Trail Mailing List | http://www.backcountry.net *