Re: RE: [at-l] vermin in the night

Whipperwills don't really bug me either. On a recent hike from Front
Royal to Harper Ferry one night we camped at a little store on US 50 and
our sleep was disturbed by the very frequent rubmling, sometimes very
loud rumbling, of trucks going by. It took me a long time to fall asleep.
When we camped at Sand Spring on a subsequent night  we had a few
whipperwills that did not bother me, but the sound of a bellows inflating
what seemed like an infinite number of airmats for the boy scouts that
were not too far away did.

Guess this is a vote for nature sounds. I will admit to at least one BIG
exception. I do not like hearing little squeaks and skitterings behind
walls. I was in a hostel once and it had its share of rodents in the
walls. That was not fun. Very irritating and besides I kept thinking of
big big rats with red rabid eyes chomping through the wall (right by my
head) and then munching on me. That wasn't fun.

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **