Re: Re[3]: [at-l] Cooking in a Stephenson Tent?

On 8/12/99 6:43 PM Thomas McGinnis tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.us wrote:

>     *Are*there* any tents manufactured today with a vertical opening? I
>     recall looking around at The Gathering last fall and seeing NO tents
>     with vertical doors -- all had sloped opening which would necessitate
>     closing the door to keep rain/snow/hail out.

If by vertical door  you mean a door that when open opens up like a like
the back door on a station wagon (or lamborgini) the Stephenson tents, at
leat the ones with the large door zipper option, would fall into this
category. You would have to tie the door off somehow to keep it open.
That could be done easily enough by wrapping the cords to trees or your
hiking poles. With the door open in the same plane as the tent roof it'd
probably be about 40-42 inches above the ground.  If you're curious
enough I can try to remember to take a picture with mine set up like that
when I go canoeing this weekend. Sharing the photo is certainly simple
enough especially when you have a nice high-end digital camera like I
do... (been a good summer for buying gadgets/gear) ;)

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **