Re: [at-l] Twin scalpels

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 TOKTAADN@aol.com wrote:

> Going under the knife twice next month.  On August 4th, I'll be having a bone
> spur removed from the top of my left big toe. Doc says I'll be good as new in
> two weeks.

My dad was having knee surgury at a time when there were several stories
in the news about botched procedures (operating on the wrong limb, etc.)
He knew the nurse was supposed to put an "X" on the appropriate knee or
something for the surgeon, so on the healthy knee he wrote in marker "no,
the other one"

jeff

Jeff Mosenkis				Graduate Student,
jamosenk@ccp.uchicago.edu		Committee on Human Development
					Department of Psychology
					University of Chicago
	"The Blues isn't about feeling better, it's about making other
	people feel worse" - "Bleeding Gums" Murphy