RE: [at-l] Steri-Pen How Ultraviolet Light Disinfects (http://www .hydro-photon.com/hydropg

I have not gone to the web site to check it out, but it appears you are
talking about a small handheld unit that is supposed to purify water by
ultraviolet light (UV) generated from a single 9v battery.

	Sorry but this is just not possible.

	Given that UV can purify water (and I don't know this to be true),
there is absolutely no way that a handheld unit with a single 9v battery
could put out the amount of UV necessary to do the job. This little unit
would have to have a significantly higher power density in the UV range
(power per square meter, Watts/meter^2)  than sunlight. This is extremely
doubtful. If it can do this then watch out and don't point it at anyone
unles you want to give them an instant and severe sunburn!

	Jim McBride