[at-l] Pt 6 Pittsburgh is HIKING!!!

new england hike - day 6 - route 302 to mizpah springs hut

we spent last night near the trail in a motel.  it was wonderful to get a shower
and check email and make phone calls.  we will again be in the mountains for 4
days, completely out of touch...

timmy and shamrock headed up webster cliffs right after breakfast.  eye decided
to do a shorter side trail, and left a bit later.  the weather was perfect.  my
hike was a relatively easy ascent.  eye took a couple of extended breaks and
reached mizpah springs hut by early afternoon.  timmy and shamrock arrived a bit
later.  their hike had been more severe, and they were glad to be at their
destination...

the bunk facilities in this hut are different than at the other huts.  we were
used to 2 large bunkrooms holding 20 or 24 people each.  these would be situated
on either side of a common area.  mizpah hut is set up with a number of smaller
bunk rooms.  our room had 8 beds...

supper was veggie/beef/rice soup, oatmeal sunflower bread, salad, steamed
veggies, and baked ravioli.  it was, of course, very good.  we seemed to have
plenty a spare time after supper, more than at the other huts.  maybe we are
finally acclimated to this hiking and need less sleep...

pittsburgh