[at-l] thru hike

greetings from vermilion valley!  butch has been kind enough to let me
send a message.  hike is going well so far.  3 weeks and 225 miles.  did
our first 20 mile day to get here 3 days ago.  were going to leave
yesterday, but a huge thunderstorm changed our minds.  nice and clear
this morning, so it's off to tuolumne.

blisters are healing, aches and pains easier to ignore.  onion valley
drop at Mt Recreation Services worked very well.  camp host said only a
couple hikers had taken advantage of it.  did have the opportunity to
spend the 4th in independence, fireworks were great.  nice to see all the
pictures of folks here at vvr i've heard of or know from the list.  still
many stragglers this late, most people changing from "mex->can" to "mex->
however far we get".  time for a big breakfast...

mike'n'ellen
ke kaahawe & fidget
mexico <------ walker pass ------> tahoe <------ cananda
PCT 99!