[at-l] Re: How 'bout a show of hands -- Was brylcream, was Jalapeno Powder

Ok, I'm in.

1) My Aint (that's aunt to non hill billies) My Aint Onida had the first
TV. It had a little oval screen that was about 10 or 12 inches wide. She
lived in town and also had "lectricity!"

2) My family got a TV when I was in second grade, I think. That would
have been 1954 or 55. We got "lectricity" in '53. I do remember that!

3) The "test pattern" was broadcast when regular programming was off,
from about midnight until about 6 am. As I recall, the pattern was an
Indian's profile set against some resolution marks.

4) Radio! Yes, I remember The Long Ranger and Duffy's Tavern. No, no, no.
I didn't frequent Duffy's Tavern, it was the name of a radio show.

5) Captain Midnight. Was that show sponsored by Overtone? My older
brother wrote away for a decoder ring and also some Gabby Hayes fountain
pens.

Now, so this can be trail related, what kind of wild creature co-stared
on the Andy Divine Show? Ok, that doesn't make it trail related but it is
fun reminiscing.

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?   Hopeful