Re: [at-l] Vasque boots

In a message dated 5/27/99 1:11:40 PM EDT, alugpt@fanniemae.com writes:

<< OK, Spatula, I've got one. The Gortex lining on my Sundowners has worn
 through at both heels. Did you get the feeling that Vasque would cover
 this under warranty? Although, actually, I don't think I would really
 want to break in another pair just for the somewhat dubious advantages
 of Gortex. I do like the boots, but if it rains long enough, you're
 gonna get wet. >>

I used Vasque Sundowners on back to back AT thru-hikes (92-93). Got my first
pair in Abingdon, VA, Second Pair in Rutland, VT, near the Inn At Long Trail.
Third pair in Waynesboro, VA. Vasque replaced them everytime.

Wildbill
GA to GE '89
GA to ME to GA Mar '92 to Apr '93