Re: [at-l] Vasque boots

At 02:53 PM 5/27/99 EDT, Zenlotus@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 99-05-27 12:59:45 EDT, Sianna99@aol.com writes:
>
><< Side question: What kind of boots did everyone hike the AT in, or are
> planning on hiking it in?  Reply privately so as not to have a hundred
posts
> with boot names :) >>
>
>Oh please post to the list, I am really interested. It can be a quick post.
>
>thanks
>
>zenlotus

I'm sure the original request was for the experiences and preferences of
those on the list who had thru-hiked but you might be interested in the
boot brand satisfaction survey that Roland Mueser included in LONG-DISTANCE
HIKING. The top rated boots were made by Hi-Tec (81%) followed closely by
Merrill (80%), then significantly behind were Fabiano (57%), Vasque (54%),
Raichle (38%), Asolo (36%) and Danner (36%). Roland's book is a combo of
his own thru-hike experience and surveys he conducted with other hikers. A
good read.

Saunterer