re: [at-l] wildlife

On Fri, 7 May 1999 10:06:14 -0400, "Nicole Markee" <thatgirl@astrogirl.com>
wrote:

>So, anybody on here know anything about turtles?

This sounds like a spotted turtle. All black with a pattern of small orange
dots on shell and head, with orange blotches on neck. It is a water turtle 3
- 5 in., living in costal to piedmont area from GA to S. New England and
across the Great Lakes. I had a few as outdoor pets. They have to eat in
water, but come on land. This from my 1953 Golden Guide to Reptiles and
Amphibians.