Re: [at-l] ADA concerns (was An into)

Let's calm down please. The ADA requires attention to accessibility for
public facilities through reasonable accommodations. The Devil is in the
details regarding what reasonable means, and to what degree retrofitting of
public facilities may be required. Decisions by the NPS to standardize
construction of public facilities may result in oddly located construction,
but that is not necessarily an ADA issue.

This thread was started by a person with disabilities who has interests and
apprehensions about enjoying the back country. We have all been there. 80%
or more of us find that we are still unable to find reasonable
accommodations, even without the challenge of wheelchair, crutches, seeing
eye dogs, or other assistance. This interest is a means of determining _if_
there are reasonable means of accommodation, and the opportunity to share
our sport with others. Those of us who grouse about the short legged slow
hikers, old folks and their knees, and tutu wearers would do well to shut
up and grow up. At least he didn't want to rename the trail or buy cheese
fries!

IMHO

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA