[at-l] Last weekend...

On Saturday, myself and a friend did a long circuit hike which included Camp
Hoover in SNP.  On the A.T. part of the circuit while we were moseying along
a guy with a very heavy pack surprised us from behind.  One look and we
could tell this was not some wannabe out for a dayhike, but someone I'd
heard about on one of these lists.

Turned out he was "Hooper," who'd left Springer back around Thanksgiving,
doing a winter time northbound thru-hike.  'Cept he's not stopping at
Katahdin.  He's going to the ocean through Canada.  He was surprised to
learn his journey had made it to the web, as he said he didn't even know how
to use a computer!  He was glad to get going once again, as he'd been
experiencing multiple incidents of town-suck in Waynesboro and that place
we're not supposed to name about 16.7 mi. south of Rockfish.

Skyline